LISTEN LIVE!

Listen Live to Scarlet and Gray Sports Radio's Broadcast of Ohio State Athletics

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Interview with Kiiri Kuld

Interview with Kirri Kuld #25 freshman, midfielder

How long have you been playing soccer?

I have been playing soccer since i was 7 years old. I began playing rep soccer, a more competitive level, when I was 8 years old.

Do you play any other sports?
I have played basketball, volleyball, softball and ran track in high school. I also played rep basketball for 3 years.

Why did you choose soccer?
Soccer was the one sport that I really enjoyed above all others. I used to love going to practice and games and I really loved just going into my backyard and kicking the ball around.

Other than your position, what other positions can you play?
I have been an attacking midfielder for the past 3 years however I can also play as an outside midfielder or a striker.

Do you plan on going pro?
My goal has always been to play soccer at the college level. I have not thought about my future soccer career. I plan on letting things play out and see where I am by the end of my senior year!

What is your major?
Currently my major is strategic communication however I am still unsure of what I want to do!

Who is a major influence in your soccer career?
My youth coaches when I was growing up were huge influences for my soccer career. They taught me almost everything I know about the game of soccer and helped me improve my game. I wouldn't have ever been able to play at this level without their help.

What is your relationship with your teammates?
The soccer team at OSU is very friendly and supportive of one another. I have a very good relationship with my teammates. They are girls I can turn to whenever I am in need for anything! We are a family, and I am very grateful for that!

What do you think holds the team together?
I think that the team is held together by the love that all the players have for one another. Everybody cares for each other and wants everybody to be successful. Every player on the team plays for each other, not just for themselves.

What players do you play well with?
I don't think there are any specific players that I play well with. I think throughout the year the team as a whole became far more cohesive on the field which helped us in the NCAA tournament.

As a soccer player, what do you feel like is your strongest point? Weakest point?
I feel that there is room for improvement in all parts of my game, but currently my strongest point would probably be my vision of the field. My weakest point is not being vocal enough with my teammates.

What is or has been your biggest obstacle in your soccer career?
The biggest obstacle I faced in my soccer career was recovering from a bad ankle injury that occurred in my junior year of high school. I was unable to play soccer for 7 months and I had a painful recovery.

What is your biggest accomplishment in your career with Ohio State?
Since I am a freshman and have only spent 4 months at Ohio State I feel that I have plenty to accomplish! Although so far my biggest accomplishment is being recruited to Ohio State and starting every game this season.

What have you gained or learned from coach Lori Walker?
I have learned a lot from Lori. She is a good role model to have as a young adult. She taught me how to be confident and believe in myself. She taught me how to push myself and always strive for a goal.

Any advice for aspiring players, especially those at a college level and coming into OSU?
The advice that I would give is to always keep working with the ball whenever you can. The soccer ball should be your best friend!

Any hobbies or special talents?
I enjoy playing the piano and guitar and writing my own music. Whenever I am not playing soccer I turn to music to keep me busy!

No comments: