LISTEN LIVE!

Listen Live to Scarlet and Gray Sports Radio's Broadcast of Ohio State Athletics

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Great Weekend To Be A Buckeye

If you go to Ohio State and don't follow their major sports (football and basketball), you may have still had a good weekend. But if you DO follow the teams, you're weekend was guaranteed to be awesome. I started off my weekend on Friday night by going to the Men's basketball home opener against North Carolina A&T. The game was a blowout as expected, but it was a good experience to see the new freshman class, as well as the veterans that should lead Ohio State to a pretty solid year. All of the returners played as I had expected they would (exceptionally well). I was particularly impressed with what Deshaun Thomas did coming off the bench. 24 points, including 2/3 from 3-point land. This team definitely has more depth than last year's, and could be more balanced. I would also like to mention that the NutHouse seats behind the benches are great. I look for big things to come.

Saturday morning I woke up around 7:30AM to eat breakfast with a few friends, and then we went to see "ESPN College Gameday" outside of the Horseshoe. The atmosphere around the stage as well as the atmosphere all day around the stadium was something special. It truly puts it into perspective that there aren't many better places to witness sports than at The Ohio State University.

I haven't even talked about the game yet. The stadium was hyped for the game, as was I, and the Buckeyes came out a little flat. The first half was rough,I was nervous. I was ready to prepare for my first in-person loss of my Ohio State fanhood. I should have known better, as the Bucks rallied to score some 35 unanswered points in the 2nd half. The night atmosphere along with the crazy excitement of a comeback was the perfect recipe for a great Saturday night experience. The stadium was rockin' for Torrence and Howard's pick-6's, as well as the incredible catch by Sanzenbacher off the tipped pass to Posey. If that play isn't the #1 play on SportsCenter, then ESPN is sleeping.

It was a good weekend all around to be a student at The Ohio State University. As a lifelong fan, I am truly living the dream.

No comments: