LISTEN LIVE!

Listen Live to Scarlet and Gray Sports Radio's Broadcast of Ohio State Athletics

Sunday, July 29, 2007

1997/2007, Is there divine intervention for Tribe?

There are times when creativity and effort means little. This is one of those times for me. I have developed several coincidences between the 1997 and 2007 Cleveland Indians. Rather than making a poetic and passionately done opening, I'm just going to list them now. Don't sue me, I'm badly deprived of sleep.

1. Victor Martinez hits first Indians homer in an All-Star game since Sandy Alomar JR. in 1997 (also a catcher)

2. Jim Leyland managed both the All-Star team and the 1997 Marlins.

3. Kenny Lofton is now back in Cleveland. He was an Indian during each of there mid 90's/early 2000's playoff teams. Except 1997.

4. The Indians were not expected to win the World Series in 1997. Diddo for 2007. That team may seem better but the competetion was easier, Tribes a reliever away from having a better overall team then 97.

5. 1997 and 2007 both end in seven. I always save my best arguements for last.

There it is. May not seem special but I'm using it as some added hope. On a serious note: I am eager to see how the trading deadline unfolds. I wanted a hitter. Welcome back # 7. Another veteran reliever coupled with more solid Jake Westbrook outings means this team is solid in all areas. Four quality starters, an improved batting order in terms of depth and speed, solid bullpen. Expect a full report soon...

No comments: