LISTEN LIVE!

Listen Live to Scarlet and Gray Sports Radio's Broadcast of Ohio State Athletics

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Rosen's Rumblings: 7/3/02 edition

Rosen’s Daily Rumblings

Sizemore an all-star?

This is new folks, an undeserving Indian making the all-star team. Grady is on his way to a fine career with several all-star appearances (last year was deserved) but this makes little sense. Despite being tied for 3rd in the league in runs scored with 67, Grady strikes out to much and continues to struggle against lefties. Surprisingly, Gary Sheffield was not elected by his own manager, despite having a better batting average and more homeruns and rbi’s then Grady. While Sizemore is one of only three players that can be used in center, it’s slightly shameful to see a player go who hasn’t had an outstanding year make the team. Of course it’s even more pathetic that two centerfielders (Torii Hunter and Ichiro Suzuki) cannot split the whole game in this day and age. Back to the point though, Grady may be an Indian, but after Travis Hafner’s snub a year ago, I hate to see players make the team who aren’t justified to attend. Perhaps Jim Leyland was influenced by his appeal and potential, rather then by his play on the field.

Add Ichiro to the list of Cleveland’s most hated:

This came out around three weeks ago and I’m still irate at Ichiro for his negative comments about Cleveland. For those that missed it, Ichiro commented through an interpreter that, "To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to," "If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying." Hilarious. All I can say is that Ichiro is a great player with ample media attention and a whole region of this earth in his corner. Hopefully, in the time he’s been here he has learned a few four letter words. Next time he enters Cleveland; he’ll learn a few more words and may contemplate enhanced security. I certainly do not condone violence but… let’s just say I won’t be upset the next time something happens negatively in his life. If you hate on my city, I wish you nothing but the worst. At least the M’s lost Grover and I look forward to a collapse at some point this season. Think 95’ Angels: young, talented, and destined to fall apart with a poor rotation.

Wishful thinking for courageous Bentley:

Amazing developments out of Berea: Injured Browns center LeCharles Bentley told the Plain Dealer in an exclusive interview that he plans to attend training camp, in hopes of starting the season opener versus Pittsburgh. Bentley tore his left patella tendon on the first day of contact drills, during training camp last July, and has been out ever since. He also revealed that he had four surgeries, rather then the two previously reported. The most amazing aspect of this story: Bentley stated that New York Giants team Physician Russell Warren advised him that he should retire and that, “he basically bet his license that I'd never play football again." So much for the value of a doctor’s license. It’s premature to expect Bentley to return by opening day, but that is far from the story here. Bentley’s tireless effort to, “fulfill my promise to Browns fans to come back and help this team win," proves that the Browns made the right decision in shelling out the do on Bentley. His presence alone should motivate every player to bust their rear ends on every play. Great for LeCharles, great for the players, great for the Cleveland sports fans. No matter what happens, his place is permanently enshrined as my favorite player ever to come out of St.Ignatuius high school. So now there’s LeCharles, Anthony Gonzalez and a slew of people I’m never going to like.

That’s all I have for July 3rd, 2007. Look out for these blogs on Ohio.FM in a short period of time. Looking forward to the Tribe and Tigers. By the way, it’s 10:28 AM EST and we still own Michigan.

No comments: